Big Mouth Strikes Again: The Art of Swallowing Flies

At least, I hope it was a fly. When it hit the back of my gullett at 60mph (our combined speeds, me flying that way, it flying this way) i thought it was a sting and therefore a bee or a wasp. Yet, this had happened to me once before and I knew that the impact itself of a solid object on a tender surface could feel like a sting. At any rate, last time I coughed the poor little blighter up (what a 'buzzkill' that was!), but this time, in spite of my best efforts, nothing surfaced, except for a mild panic. There was no anaphylactic shock however, my airwaves were still open, I guess it was a fly. Thank God because the idea of performing an auto-tracheotomy on a country lane in the middle of nowhere did not fill me with enthusiasm. And so I downed the rest of my water, shook my (now shower) head, and got back in the saddle. With big mouth now emphatically closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment