The Toboggan Run

 




















Normally, I would just cut through the forest part of PCP and take the direct line from the southern entrance near Haggs Castle Golf Course to the train station at Pollokshaws West. But they're working on the gatehouse near where I normally exit, and so I took a new route following the road round and going across the wee bridge at Pollok House. I never knew there was a route here (red line from top joining up with red dotted line to train station) that exited right next to the train station and which offered pastoral scenes en route (the forest route by contrast was always hemmed in by the trees themselves and by the increasing amount of leashes and dog-walkers on the path). And so, I called it the Toboggan Run because of the muddy corridor part of this route covers. But apart from this little bit it really is a galactic run what with all this bucolic space and absence of dog-walkers (who are really becoming a menace not just to me but to the wild, ground-nesting birds, and their own aboriginal awareness).














No comments:

Post a Comment