No Arms & One Leg

There are few stories as inspiring as the story of Jose Florian, a former Columbian soldier, who had his arms and a leg blown off by a bomb, and became as a consequence of this and the help and support of so many a paralympic champion and superhero of Columbia. In his own words Florian said:

"In Colombia, people with amputations are called mochos. When I started cycling, I said to myself that if we have heroes like Superman or Batman, why can't I be Mochoman?"

Already an accomplished swimmer and cyclist, Florian calls the bomb that nearly killed him "a gift of life and my second birth".

But I think it's not the bomb but the bicycle that gave him that possibility of renewal. That, and the many people who have tirelessly worked to help him get on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment