Rainbow & Fox

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This morning, the sun and the wind equals rainbow. And it arrives just before the train does as I stand on the platform at Pollokshaws West train station. I marvel at its sturdiness along with another person waiting on the platform. We discuss the scarcity of rainbows within the Glasgow region considering there is so much cloud movement and moisture in the air. 'Scarcer than a golden eagle' we conclude before hopping onto the train. A couple of hours later, after a brief wander in the hills above Paisley and Barrhead, I arrive at Paisley Canal train station just before the train does and I see a flicker of gold crossing the railway about a hundred metres yonder. No, it's not a golden eagle or a rainbow, but something more rare than that. It's a daytime fox scuttling between shrubbery. I feel blessed at such sights. What life there is when your eyes are open!

No comments:

Post a Comment