The Spirit of Blane: Milngavie Circle Via Blanefield

This late November morning, I can feel the cold but I can also feel the dryness. I head up to Milngavie with a view to seeing the holy mountain, Dumgoyne, from afar. From the Old Mugdock Road just above Strathblane there is an awesome sight of the Campsie Fells draped in a light mist. I am toasty already, half an hour out, having just scaled a hard-to-kill hill up to Mugdock. I am surrounded by Earth and not by machines and people. I skirt through Strathblane holding up as many cars as I possibly can as I dawdle through the village. Just on the left there is the Blanefield road which will take us up to Carbeth where we will nick onto the West Highland Way down to Mugdock Wood via Craigallian Loch. I pass a few walkers along the way, all oldies who seem to have realised a little too late in life what life is all about. I head on down to Mugdock Wood and out the other end, down the hill and onto the train. Never hurrying, I arrive back at 13.24 having left the station at 12:07. Amazing, absolutely amazing!, the territory, the sights, the Earth encounters, that you can see and feel in less time than it takes you to watch a shit movie. Alleluja! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment