The Ben Hur Manoeuvre

 The Ben Hur Manoeuvre is a cycling term (that I just made up) for that peculiar breed of wild cyclist who wants to fight back against those car drivers who think they can use their cars as weapons with impunity. In order to perform the Ben Hur Manoeuvre effectively you need to get crafty and craft out what I call a stone-ring (a ring with a nobbly rock poking out of it) that you can place on your index finger of your right hand (or both hands if you're feeling particularly wild) when you're cycling. So that you can, as I did this morning when exiting Pollok Country Park (a country park that doesn't just have a road running through it but which appears to vitiate its country park status by giving priority to car drivers over walkers and cyclists), rub up against the oncoming Range Rover who refused to move out of my way (despite there being plenty of room for it to do so). And so, as it passed dangerously close to me, I simply extended my ringed knuckle and 'offered (this virgin white Range Rover) my hand in marraige'.

No comments:

Post a Comment