Ranger


It's hard to believe the wingspan you can have just by using a little imagination, and your own two feet. My wingspan is now as large as an eagle's what with my discovery of the 'brain' (bike + train) about a decade ago. Yesterday for example, on a routine rooting, following my taproute, I embraced a home range that covered:

2 cities (Glasgow, Paisley)
3 towns (Johnstone, Bridge of Weir, Elderslie)
4 villages (Linwood, Brookfield, Howwood, Kilbarchan)
3 golf courses (Ranfurly Castle, Ranfurly Old Course, Elderslie)
6 farmsteads (Auchensale, Lawmarnock, Law, Dampton, Monkland, Burntshields)
3 weather systems...

and maybe even a couple of time zones.

All this in three hours or less, using my own heart to power me, my own mind to imagine the route in the first place, a couple of short train trips (from Dumbreck to Paisley Canal and back again), and a bicycle to extend that ranging. I left my flat at 10.30am and returned at 1.20pm (having done the long way, the shorter way getting me home half an hour earlier). 

The rest of the day is spent eagle like, resting and perching and envisioning (from all that vision I gathered this morning). There's simply no other way to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment