This is Glasgow

After a year of beautiful cycling around the shires that perforate and encircle Glasgow, I thought I would put a few of my most evocative photos into a slideshow... especially now that I am without bike.

I am always amazed when I look at my folder of photographs taken when out and about at how utterly bucolic and peaceful this land is, and at how few cyclists I meet on these quiet unbeaten roads and paths. It is this spaciousness and peacefulness, not to mention the views from the rim of the valley, that inspire and inspirit, and allow genuine contact to occur.

Glasgow ripples out from where you are, beneath your own steam. This way, by energizing yourself and finding your own way, a place and one's consciousness are not apart.







Locus and cosmos are not separate.

The map is not the territory...

I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment