Catcalling Car Drivers

Whilst on my bicycle I have never been shouted at for looking beautiful. Sure, I have been shouted at, but not for that. So, I don't really understand what it must be like to be a woman (a beautiful woman no less) on a bicycle being harrassed by ogling car drivers. But I have a good imagination so I can imagine. And it would irritate me, (this is not a one off event sadly), to the point where I might have to catch up with said car driver and give them a piece of my mind. Which is what one woman did the other day when a passing landrover driver made some crude remark about her cycling. She caught up with the corpulent oaf, took her camera out, and gave him a piece of her mind. Yet, when asked to repeat the remark he did so quite the thing from the safety of his carapace. Which is why when I give car drivers a piece of my mind, it usually involves a detached wing mirror. Don't lower yourself to their level. Never stop. Just keep on moving. Just keep on breathing. And while you're at it, take that wing mirror with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment