Motorcycle Maintenance in the Art of Zen

No cycling blog would be complete without some kind of thanks for the various mechanics and bike fixers in and around Glasgow. I've had some great finds like RT Cycles in Glengarnock one day when my chain broke all of a sudden and your man replaced it on the spot. Or, Dales out in East Kilbride where Jim the mechanic did a sterling job on my worn out Trek. Or South-West Cycles at Pollokshaws West train station  whose stand pump and spanner have saved my bacon many a time. Then, there's Doolies in Paisley, again, right next to the train station(s). And of course, Gear Bikes and West End Cycles in Glasgow's West End, George being my regular goto guy for repairs in the latter (see pic below). 

So, here's to the repairmen, the galvanizers of galvanizers, all over the strath. I've only named half a dozen here, but there are many more I wish to thank, some in other countries like Poland where I  lived for three years and had some great cycling times.

If I had the space I would  probably do it myself, but I kinda like letting a professional do it. No-one can fix a shoogly wheel quite like George can. And out of all the shops and stuff about, bike shops are amongst the most essential, for they get you on your bike and back into your own body (big and small). And that can only be a good thing.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment