The Kilsyth-Carron Valley Pilgrimage via Mount Kailas


I'm getting a little ahead of myself here as I haven't actually cycled this route (yet). Perhaps it's a sign of the magnetism of the fells that finds me writing this up before it's done, maybe it's the anticipation that the fells imbue in all those who enter them. Whatever the case, the fells are a sacred place, and this is marked by my twinning of its highest point the Meikle Bin with Tibet's holy Mount Kailas which I expounded upon in the last post.

The pilgrimage around the Meikle Bin can be done in a variety of ways, but in keeping with the general length of the original circuit around Kailas (32 miles), I suggest this route here. 



























I haven't yet measured it but it can't be far off the 32 mile mark, maybe a little more. But it sure is a spiritual experience, or as I like to call it, 'an afternoon at the end of the world'.

Try it. See if you agree...



No comments:

Post a Comment