Immergo Ergo Sum

I plunge into therefore I am.

I immerse therefore I unite.

Immerse is not a verb I hear very often. Emerge, sure, but immerse, not so much. The former means to come out of, the latter to plunge into.

I have maintained throughout this blog of the importance of one's own energy. Immersion is then the synergy that unites you, the energized entity, and the world of energies that you immerse your self into. There are no defining lines that can now close you off from the world. Movement is everything.

Indeed, earlier on in this blog, I presented the example of the incurious sea squirt who, having excreted its now superfluous brain, attaches itself to a slimy wall and stops moving entirely. The world of the sea squirt shrinks to a dot.

Yet, the more I cycle, the more I plunge into not just 'world' but 'cosmos' too. Organs of perception are made ever more wider until I perceive everything that is, which is of course at the same time 'I'.

I plunge into therefore I am.

I mean, surely that's the meaning of life: stream-lining, fine-tuning the self until it merges with its Origin?


No comments:

Post a Comment